To our Customers:
Sonoma County Water Agency's Toilet Rebates up to $150 are available to all Sweetwater Springs Water District Customers.
For some time the Russian River Sanitation District (operated by the Sonoma County Water Agency) has provided a toilet rebate of up to $150 for its wastewater system customers, most of whom are also Sweetwater Springs Water District customers. The Sweetwater Springs Water District has made arrangement to extend the rebate program to its customers who are not connected to the sanitation system.
High efficiency toilets (HET), the toilets available for this program, use on average 1.1 gallons per flush (gpf) or less. HETs are available in different flush types: single-flush gravity fed (like a conventional toilet), single-flush pressure assist, and dual-flush in both gravity fed and pressure assist. These toilets use 20% less water than the standard 1.6 gpf toilets and over 60% less water than the older, pre-1992 toilets that the program aims to replace.
There are several rules to the program:
- Your home must have been built before 1992.
- The toilets you are replacing must flush at more than 1.6 gallons/flush.
- If requesting a toilet rebate, your new toilet must be on the List of Qualifying Models.
- If requesting a toilet rebate, you must properly dispose of your old toilets – a list of recycling facilities is available from the Water District.
- Rebates cannot exceed the cost of the toilet.
Interested in the Toilet Rebate Program? The full list of rules and requirements for the Toilet Rebate Program are included in the program application. Links to the list of qualifying models and toilet recycling locations are also available on this website.Program Application.pdf